UCAR/NCAR Audio Visual Collection
Scope and Contents
This collection contains various audio-visual resources that document demonstrations, conferences, lectures, facility tours, presentations, and talks by by UCAR/NCAR staff and scientists, as well as others. Retirement parties and NCAR staff events are also included.
- Majority of material found in 1968-2010
Conditions Governing Access
Access to this collection is open.
Conditions Governing Use
Not all of the material in the collection is in the public domain. Researchers are responsible for addressing copyright issues.
8.00 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged by format.
Physical Access Requirements
The collection must be viewed in the Archives during normal business hours.
Technical Access Requirements
Many materials have not been reformatted to a digital medium yet. Some are not available for playback due to preservation concerns associated with playing the original cassette tapes, or because playback equipment is not available.
Method of Acquisition
Materials in this collection were acquired from many sources, including: KGNU, Colorado State University, Advanced Study Program (ASP), NCAR Climate and Global Dynamics Division (CGD), NCAR Library, UCAR Communications, Eugene Bollay, Terri Eastburn (E&O), Wes Wildcat (NETS). Other sources were not documented and are unknown.
There was no original order to the collection. Materials were checked against other audio-visual collections to check for duplicates. Duplicates and originals belonging in the American Meteorological Society- Tape Recorded Interview Project and the UCAR/NCAR Oral History Project were removed and returned to the appropriate oral history collection.
- Pei, Ieoh Ming, 1917-
- Roberts, Walter Orr
- Thompson, Philip Duncan
- American Geophysical Union.
- American Meteorological Society.
- Architecture, Modern--21st century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architecture--Colorado--Boulder Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Climatic changes Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Global warming Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- I.M. Pei & Associates
- Meteorology Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- National Center for Atmospheric Research (U.S.).
- Supercomputers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University Corporation for Atmospheric Research.
- Weather forecasting Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kathleen Legg
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) Archives Repository