50th Anniversary Time Capsule Collection
Scope and Contents
The 50th Anniversary celebration for UCAR/NCAR occured in 2010. A time capsule project, lead by the NCAR Archives and UCAR Communications, collected over 90 items that provide a snapshot of life at UCAR/NCAR in the year 2010. The collection includes a variety of ephemera and also digital files.
- Majority of material found in 2007-2010
- Other: Date acquired: 2010-10-01
- University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
There are no access restrictions on this collection.
Conditions Governing Use
Not all of the material in the collection is in the public domain. Researchers are responsible for addressing copyright issues.
1.00 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
These materials do not have a particular arrangement as much of the collection consists of objects and ephemera.
Physical Access Requirements
The collection must be viewed in the Archives during normal business hours.
Technical Access Requirements
Portions of this collection are born-digital; printouts were made to ensure preservation over time.
Source of Acquisition
Various UCAR/NCAR administrative units, laboratories, and individual staff members
Method of Acquisition
Suggestions for what to include in the time capsule were sought from staff and a selection committee determined the final contents, ensuring that as many aspects of life at UCAR/NCAR as possible were represented.
Accruals and Additions
No accruals or additions are expected.
This collection was processed in 2010.
- Anniversaries Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- National Center for Atmospheric Research (U.S.).
- Time capsules Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University Corporation for Atmospheric Research.
- 50th Anniversary Time Capsule Collection
- Chris Kirchoff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) Archives Repository