Information Office Records
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of materials from the NCAR Information Office. The collection contains press releases, article reprints, research notes, clippings, brochures, films and audio recordings, slides, background materials used by Information Office staff to perform their job functions, planning documents and records documenting the 20th and 25th anniversaries of NCAR, records covering the functions of the Information Office, and several files that detail NCAR research and science.
- 1960 - 1995
- Majority of material found in 1970-1985
- Other: Date acquired: 1985-01-15
- Lansford, Henry (Lansford, Henry, 1929-) (Person)
- Frisch, Joan (Person)
- Johnson, Diane (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
There are no access restrictions on this collection.
Conditions Governing Use
Not all of the material in the collection is in the public domain. Researchers are responsible for addressing copyright issues.
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged in six series, and records are arranged in chronological order in each series, except where otherwise noted: Series 1: Anniversaries Series 2: Information Office Records Series 3: Research Records Series 4: Information Releases and Article Reprints Series 5: Films and Audio Recordings Series 6: Photographic Materials (arranged alphabetically by subject)
Physical Access Requirements
The collection must be viewed in the Archives during normal business hours.
Technical Access Requirements
Many of the films are original copies. Some may not be viewable due to preservation concerns if a copy does not exist. A projector is needed to view films.
This collection came from the UCAR Information Office, now UCAR Communications.
Source of Acquisition
This collection originally contained numerous duplicates, most of which were removed. In cases where multiple copies were present, one duplicate was kept.
Accruals and Additions
Accruals/additions are expected.
This collection was processed in various stages beginning in February 2010 and ending in September 2012.
- Anniversaries Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- National Center for Atmospheric Research (U.S.).
- Press releases Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- Nick Schwartz, Chris Kirchhof, and Samuel Schiller. Updated by Shelley Nayak and Laura Hoff.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) Archives Repository